Cover Pic

Cover Pic

Saturday, October 10, 2015

The To-Do list

Since my funemployment is rapidly coming to an end (see my last post) I've assembled a to-do list of all the things I want to get done before I start work.


It's totally a random list with things of varying importance but now that I have a deadline again I feel like I should start being productive again. So without further ado:

Socks for mom: My mom loves Halloween, it's her favorite holiday. She also loves hand knit socks. Recently I discovered that Halloween sock yarn is a thing so I ordered some wicked looking sock yarn from Mint Rain on etsy in the Witch Poo colorway. My goal is to try and send her home with new Halloween socks when she visits next week. Socks in a week isn't unreasonable but it'll depend on how long the socks take to ship.

Dry clean my favorite suit: It's been a while since it's been cleaned and I've been wearing it a lot to interviews over the summer so it's definitely due for a good cleaning.

New Danskos: I love my Danskos but they're kind of beat up. I think if I get a new pair in black patent leather style ones I can pull those off as work/court appropriate. Because heels just aren't practical (and you can't wear wool socks with them) and ballet flats rub my feet.

Vaccuum: pretty self explanatory.

Organize Crafts: My knitting stuff is just like everywhere in the apartment, and especially the second bedroom. I need to get it under control. Then Cooper could also use the second bedroom office.

Plant Green Onions: I got a thing of green onion at the grocery store and had them in water and they were growing like crazy. I think they'll last longer in the ground though. I did this one last night but it was on the initial to-do list.

Adjust Budget: Now that I'm going to be getting a paycheck and also paying back my loans I need to adjust the budget. Also did this yesterday.

Make Breakfasts: Since I need to be at work at 8am I'm going to have to get up and go to the gym at 6am so I want to do some make-ahead breakfasts I can take with me and eat at work. I'm going to try out making a bunch of egg mcmiffun style breakfast sandwiches that can be frozen and then microwaved. Cooper is also interested in getting in on the breakfast sandwich action to take to work with him.

Stitch Dictionary: After my recent discovery of the awesomeness of stitch dictionaries I've decided (thanks to the brilliance of Maria from the Stitched in Sweden podcast) to assemble my own electronic personalized stitch dictionary. Basically chart out the stitch patterns I like from my dictionary and others I'm planning on borrowing from the library because charts are way better than written directions for me and digital versions are also way better and harder to loose. I'd like to get a few more stitch patterns charted before I start work. So far I've done just one.

Paperwork: New hire paperwork for taxes etc. Done.

Frame stuff: I want to get my degrees etc framed to go up in my new office! I'm waiting for my bar admission certificate and then I'll take it all in and get it in matched frames.

Parking Pass: I've got the rfid card still from when I was working at the law firm last year and I've just got to call and get it turned on again so I can park for work.

Finish the indifference shrug for mom: That way I can send it home with her when she goes back to Hawaii. I'm still undecided about the crochet border. Mostly I just need to weave in the ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment