Cover Pic

Cover Pic

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday. In celebration we went to my favorite local winery, Sarver, to do some tastings. We had a lovely afternoon sipping wine, snacking, and chatting. I of course brought my knitting (the baby sweater I mentioned last time) and made some good progress. It's pretty hard to beat Oregon in the summer. Just look at that view.


The moral of this story: if you get a chance to try some Sarver wine, do it. It's so yummy. Also, my dad and step mom are fabulous dining companions and I'm so glad we live in the same town. Here's to another trip around the sun dad. 


Other works in progress:
I went to the hardware store and picked up supplies for two other works in progress at our apartment. Three actually, if you include the wood glue. 



First: new shower head and plumbers tape. I originally bought a hose style shower head and electrical tape (my fiancĂ© told me to get vinal tape, which is electrical tape. Turns out that's not what he meant. Luckily my dad had both the right kind of tape and a spare shower head so we are going to try out his since it's free and it'll be a nice upgrade form ours which must be from the mid 90s. 

Second: paint! We had plans to paint accent walls in the apartment before we moved in but we moved right when I started studying for the bar so that sort of got pushed to the side. Now that I'm hope all day spending a day painting doesn't seem so troublesome. We got a nice light green for the living room and a cool blue for the bedroom. We didn't get samples, so hopefully jumping right in it'll look ok. If not back to the store we'll go I guess. 

Last: the wood glue is for my lazy Kate, the kittens keep knocking mine on the floor and the pieces are just stuck together not actually glued so it falls apart. Hopefully a little glue will solve this problem. And even putting some in the lazy Kate hehe. 

Stay tuned to this channel for updates as I work on these projects.  

No comments:

Post a Comment