Cover Pic

Cover Pic

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Wedding planning progress update

We accomplished a lot on the wedding planning front this week. In no particular order here are the things we did:

Called two different florists to set up consults for people flowers.
We called one place my sister recommended but the lady was weird, initially telling Cooper that he should call back in January because we don't know what we want yet. It turns out they also didn't deliver all the flowers Tammy ordered and didn't bother telling her, just changed what they were giving her and assumed that'd be ok without asking. This is sending up big red flags. We might cancel the consult because of this.

We called another place that seemed much more on top of it and we will meet with them in a few weeks.



Work on center pieces with Tammy
My sister's mother in law Tammy is passionate about flowers. When I told her initially I wasn't going to do much flowers-wise she was horrified and offered to help. Which was very thoughtful of her. And I have to hand it to her, she has great taste. We chatted with her a few weeks ago about colors and flower types and she ordered some samples and put together some center piece ideas with the candle sticks left over from Caitlin's wedding. It looks amazing. She'll order all the flowers and we will just get a group together to assemble the center pieces the day before the wedding. Perfect task for aunts and others who want to help.

Booked the honeymoon
My grandma is gifting us the use of her time share in Mexico for the honeymoon. My dad booked the hotel a few weeks ago and then on Monday we booked our flights! Initially our only flight options were either 6am flight Sunday after the wedding or spend 25 hours getting there. At the last moment we found an 8am flight for just a little bit more, score!

Dress!!!!!!!
I ordered my wedding dress at the beginning of Feb. and hadn't heard anything from the bridal shop. So it's been on my to-do list for a while to call them and check in. I called this afternoon and they said they had also noticed that it was late and had contacted the manufacturer and the dress should be shipping tomorrow. Yay! I'm so excited to see it. Hopefully it'll be in before my mom visits next month and I can show her, she hasn't' gotten to see me in it yet since she was in Hawaii when I bought it. I'm really hoping it is perfect since I got a few things changed from the sample so I haven't seen it exactly the way I ordered it. But I'm sure it'll be good.


Rehearsal
The rehearsal dinner is starting to take shape. We've at least decided what kind of thing we wanna do so that's a step in the right direction at least.



No comments:

Post a Comment