Cover Pic

Cover Pic

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Two at a time knitting

I mentioned in my previous post that I am knitting sleeves two at a time right now, my first time ever. I like this method a lot and I think it will become my go-to method for sleeves and I plan on trying it out for socks soon.

Luckily I already have most of my needles in 40in long circulars since I am a whole hearted magic loop fanatic. I hate dpns and once I learned magic loop I've never gone back. So I can fit two sleeves or two socks on my needles no problem.

How to not tangle the yarn
The tutorial I used to start my sleeves didn't have super helpful suggestions for how to keep the yarn from tangling, it just suggests turning the work one way at the end of the row and then the opposite way the next row. So I thought I'd share what I discovered to be the best and easiest way to keep the yarn from tangling.

I should mention I'm knitting from two separate balls.

First, start with yarn that is not tangled. The working yarn for each sleeve is on the right of its sleeve ready to be worked.





Knit across the first sleeve. And here is the trick keep the working yarn from the first sleeve between the sleeves. In this picture I've left the yarn just hanging down, make sure it stays in the right there while you knit across the second sleeve.




Once you've knit both sleeves, when you turn your work just make sure the second sleeve is up higher than the first sleeve and working yarn. This should keep the two yarns separate and tangle free.





Hopefully this has made sense and is helpful for anyone just learning TAAT like I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment