Cover Pic

Cover Pic

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

WIPs Wednesday

Here are the knitting projects I'm working on here at WIP HQ:

Finished Objects
While not technically a WIP it's so hot off the needles I wanted to share it anyway. I made a sweater for my nephew, and I am very pleased with the results. Link to my project page if you're curious about the pattern/yarn/etc.

Knitting
For my first actual WIP a Spiralucious Cowl for myself out of some handspun. I had to start over 3 times before I finally got the pattern right. Partly because it was late and partly because I wasn't actually reading the directions, so it's my own fault. It should go fairly quickly from here (fingers crossed).
4th time's a charm

I'm working on the sleeves of indifference shrug also for myself out of my hand spun. I'm knitting the sleeves two at a time because I'm getting low on yarn and I want them to be the same length if I run out before completing them.


Last but not least for my knitting I'm about 1/3 of the way through the front of East Village, a sweater I'm knitting for my grandpa. I've knit the back already so I'm probably a bit more than 1/2 way through the sweater. I'm thinking I might need more yarn than I have considering how quickly I've been going through it, but we bought it locally so hopefully it'll be easy to get more. If the color doesn't match up exactly I can alternate skeins on the sleeves. 

Spinning
For my spinning I'm still working on the 4ozs of BFL that my mom got me when she was visiting Maine last month. It is so lovely to spin, soft and supple I love it. I'm about 1/2 way through spinning the singles, hopefully I'll have some time to spin more this week. This picture just shows the blue but there is also dark green and some purple in it. So when it's plied up there will be a lot of cool striping.



That's it for this week. Stay tuned for more updates next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment