Cover Pic

Cover Pic

Monday, September 21, 2015

Wedding planning: the search for invitations

So one of the things I've been having a difficult time nailing down for the wedding is invitations. This is for a number of reasons, mostly that I don't want to pay more than $1/invite and I don't like pictures of mason jars. So that eliminates a lot of the options out there.

The other problem is my taste is apparently more expensive than what I'm willing to spend on invitations. I like things in off white with raised borders, not too flowery. So letter press style. Once I figured that out about my style it made it a little easier to search for things and I ordered some samples from Ann's Bridal Bargains.

I loved loved this calla lily invitation. Sadly, it's folded like a card (so kind of small) and the paper is thin.

I love the delicate flowers

It's kind of weird that it's a card.



The size and paper of this invite with roses was nicer and Cooper liked it but to me the roses were just too old lady. I also accidentally ordered a sample with the roses colored yellow and green and that's super weird. 



I liked this invitation with the border but Cooper did not. It's sort of shiny and sparkly so that's the part he didn't like. The size and paper were good again though.



I did some more searching last night and come up with three more invites that I've ordered samples of. This time from David's Bridal (who knew they did invites?).

First, an invite with a raised celtic border.

Second, another rose invite. Not my favorite of the three but I'm willing to see it in person since Cooper likes it.

Last, a plain framed border invite. This is my favorite of the three, hopefully it looks good in person. I like that it's simple with clean lines. I'm worried it's a little too plain but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment